Dr. Ben Kolosz Research Associate
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Institute of Mechanical, Process & Energy Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 131 451 4737
Research Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ben_Kolosz
Scopus Author ID: 55843347900
Researcher ID: J-5952-2014
Dr. Ben Kolosz joined the Research Centre in Carbon Solutions in April, 2017 as a Research Associate working on the project "Low carbon jet fuel through integration of novel technologies for co-valorisation of CO2 and biomass" funded by EPSRC. His role within the project is to coordinate process integration and sustainability of three key processes in order to achieve acceptable standards of low carbon fuel. This includes:
- Integration of catalytic gasification of waste biomass
- Solid oxide co-electrolysis and
- FT processing, all carried out through lifecycle assessment and process simulation.
Ben began his academic career in 2014 as a Research Associate in Urban Sustainability at Newcastle University as part of the SUCCESS (Sustainable Urban Carbon Capture: Engineering Soils for Climate Change) project. His core expertise tackles multi-disciplinary environmental modelling and carbon reduction through Lifecycle Assessment, System Dynamics and Material Flow Analysis.
He received the Ph.D. degree from the University of Leeds in 2013. His key research interests include Lifecycle Assessment, Sustainable Transport, Urban Sustainability and Energy Efficiency. Dr. Kolosz is a member of BCS (British Computing Society) and is practitioner of the EU Code of Conduct for Data Center Energy Efficiency holding certificates in IT Sustainability Planning and IT Service Management.
- Jorat, ME, Kolosz, BW., Goddard, MA., Sohi, SP., Akgun N., Dissanayake D., Manning, DAC. (2017) "Geotechnical Requirements for Capturing CO2 through Highways Land". International Journal of GEOMATE 13(35): 22-27. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21660/2017.35.6633 (Impact Factor: 1.009).
- Kolosz, BW., Goddard, MA, Jorat, ME, Aumonier, J, Sohi, SP, Manning, DAC. (2017). "A Sustainability Framework for Engineering Carbon Capture Soil In Transport Infrastructure". International Journal of Transport Development and integration 1(1): 74-83. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2495/TDI-V1-N1-74-83 (Impact Factor: TBA).
- Kolosz, BW and Grant-Muller, S. (2016). "Sustainability Assessment Approaches for Intelligent Transport Systems: The State of the Art". IET Intelligent Transport Systems 10(5): 287-297. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-its.2015.0025 (Impact Factor: 1.00).
- Kolosz, BW and Grant-Muller, S. (2015). "Intelligent Transport Systems: Comparing Scheme effects for congested highways". Transportation Research Part C 60: 313-323. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2015.09.004 (Impact Factor: 3.631).
- Kolosz, BW and Grant-Muller, S. (2015). "Extending Cost-Benefit Analysis for the Sustainability Impact of Inter-urban Intelligent Transport Systems". Environmental Impact Assessment Review 50: 167-177. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2014.10.006 (Impact Factor: 3.028).