Dr. Manuel Ojeda Research Associate
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Institute of Mechanical, Process & Energy Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, UK
Office: JN 2.03
Manuel Ojeda received his BSc degree in Biochemistry in 2011 at Córdoba University, and obtained his MSc degree in Fine Chemistry in 2012 under the supervision of Professor Rafael Luque and finished his PhD in 2014. His work has focused on synthesis of nanoporous carbon-based materials and magnetically separable nanocomposites by using mechanochemical process for applications in heterogeneous catalysis. During his PhD, Manuel Ojeda did different short stays: University of Aalto, Finland (2012) at the department of Forest Products Technology, and National Institute of Chemistry, Slovenia (2013) at the department of Inorganic Chemistry and Technology.
In February 2015, he joined the Centre for Innovation in Carbon Capture and Storage (CICCS) at the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences as Research Associate. His research interests include the development of metal nanoparticles supported on mesoporous materials, mechanochemical synthesis and heterogeneous catalysis.
- XU, Chunping, DE, Sudipta, BALU, Alina Mariana, OJEDA, Manuel, LUQUE, Rafael. Mechanochemical synthesis of nanomaterials for advanced catalytic applications, Chem. Commun., 2015 Accepted Manuscript, DOI: 10.1039/C4CC09876E
- GRAU-ATIENZA, Aida, CAMPOS, Rafael, SERRANO, Elena, OJEDA, Manuel, ROMERO, Antonio Ángel, GARCIA-MARTINEZ, Javier, LUQUE, Rafael. Insights on the active species of nanoparticle-functionalised hierarchical zeolites in alkylation reactions, ChemCatChem, 2014, vol. 6, pp. 3530-3539.
- OJEDA, Manuel, BALU, Alina Mariana, ROMERO, Antonio Ángel, ESQUINAZI, Pablo, RUOKOLAINEN, Janne, SIXTA, Herbert, LUQUE, Rafael. MAGBONS: novel magnetically separable carbonaceous nanohybrids from porous polysaccharides, ChemCatChem, (HIP), 2014, vol. 6, pp. 2847-2853
- OJEDA, Manuel, PINEDA, Antonio, ROMERO, Antonio Ángel, BARRÓN, Vidal, LUQUE, Rafael. Mechanochemical synthesis of maghemite/silica nanocomposites: advanced materials for aqueous room-temperature catalysis, ChemSusChem, 2014, vol. 7, pp. 1876-1880
- HOSSEINPOUR, Reza, PINEDA, Antonio, OJEDA, Manuel, GARCÍA, Ángel, ROMERO, Antonio Ángel, LUQUE, Rafael. Microwave-assisted oxidation of benzyl alcohols using supported cobalt based nanomaterials under mild reactions conditions, Green Process Synth. 2014, vol. 3, pp. 133-139