Viktoriia Kulakova PhD Student
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Institute of Mechanical, Process & Energy Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, UK
Office: JN 1.29
Phone: 0131 451 3809
V. Kulakova was studying a Master’s degree program in Chemical Technology of Fuels and Carbon materials under supervision of Prof. Luidmila Butuzova at Donetsk National Technical University from 2011 to 2013. After her graduation, she has awarded with an honourable mention diploma for high qualification of the master research work.
She has great achievements related to the research activities: a winner of all Ukrainian scientific works on the speciality Chemical Technology, a diploma given by minister of education of Ukraine for outstanding scientific research, a diploma for the best oral communication presented in the Ukrainian scientific conference “Environmental Protection and Rational Utilization of Natural Resources”. She has personal achievements related to the leisure activities in Ukraine: a winner of sport competition in standing jumping, a winner of sport competition in abdominal exercise.
V. Kulakova has a wide educational and personal experience abroad. She was awarded with a European Union Grant to do scientific research at University of A Coruña, QANAP research group, Spain. During this research project, she had an excellent opportunity to do research stay in the refinery “Complejo industrial de Repsol”. Later, she was working as a chemical engineer in Spanish National Research Council, Instituto de Carboquimica (ICB-CSIC), Environmental Research Group.
Staying overseas, she has been involved in two distinct European projects: 1) TEMPO-project, in which her main activities included comparison of the coal-derived liquids and petrochemical products for possible production of high-quality liquid motor fuels and valuable chemical products from low-quality coals; 2) FLEDGED-project, in which her responsibilities were development mathematical models of an intensified biomass gasification process, gasification tests in a 20kW bubbling fluidized bed reactor, comparison predicted results with experimental data.
Her main research areas are CO2 capture and utilization, catalytic processes for CO2 transformations, sorbents, carbon materials, MOF´s; Biomass gasification, fluidized bed reactors, char reactivity, TGA, kinetic models; Coal-to-liquid technologies, primary tar, thermal decomposition, GS-MS, IR-spectrometry.
- Martínez, V. Kulakova, G. Grasa, R. Murillo. Experimental investigation on sorption enhanced gasification (SEG) of biomass in a fluidized bed reactor for producing a tailored gas. XII ECCRIA Conference (5th-7th of September, 2018, Cardiff, the UK).
- V. Kulakova, L. Butuzova, J.M. Andrade, V. Shevkoplyas, O. Turchanina. Characterization of sulfur coal-derived liquids as a source of hydrocarbons to produce chemicals and synthetic fuels. Fuel, 2016, Vol.184, p.314-324.
- L. Butuzova, V. Kulakova, V. Kolbasa, G. Butuzov, A. Kiprya. Opportunities for evaluating the technological properties of coals according to the composition of extracts. XII International Research and Practice Conference “European Science and Technology” (29th-30th of December, 2015, Munich, Germany).
- V. Kulakova, M.P. Gómez-Carracedo, J.M. Andrade, L. Butuzova. Thermogravimetric analysis to optimize the low-temperature pyrolysis process of bituminous coals. XXXV Bienal Meeting of the Spanish Royal Chemistry Society (19th-23rd of July, 2015, A Coruña, Spain).
- V. Kulakova, M.P. Gómez-Carracedo, L. Butuzova, J.M. Andrade. Mild pyrolysis of low-quality coals as a reliable alternative to produce liquid fuels for vehicles and valuable chemicals. XX Reunión de la Sociedad Española de Química Analítica (1th-3rd of July, 2015, Santiago de Compostela, Spain).